Holiday Travel On Sale Now As Southwest Airlines And AirTran Airways Extend Flight Schedules Through New Year's Weekend
Special Fares as low as $79 One-way Celebrate New Service on Southwest Airlines to Memphis, Tenn., Pensacola, Fla., & Richmond, Va.Download .txt Add to Basket Remove From Basket
Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) today announced new service beginning in November to Memphis, Tenn., Pensacola, Fla., and Richmond, Va., completing the planned arrival of Southwest's Low Fares and Legendary Customer Service in 89 domestic destinations, including all previously served by wholly-owned subsidiary AirTran Airways.
To celebrate the new service, Southwest Airlines is launching a fare sale, offering nonstop flights starting as low as $79 one-way. These low fares are available for purchase on southwest.com today through Monday, May 13, 2013, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
The new nonstop service offered on both carriers comes as Customers are able to purchase itineraries among the two airlines' combined 97 destinations, including international airports, in one transaction.
Beginning Sunday, Nov. 3, Southwest Airlines will fly nonstop between:
- Memphis and Baltimore/Washington, Houston (Hobby), Orlando, Chicago (Midway), and Tampa Bay
- Pensacola and Nashville and Houston (Hobby)
- Richmond and Orlando (AirTran Airways will continue to operate nonstop service between Richmond and Atlanta.)
AirTran Airways will start service between Memphis and Baltimore/Washington, Chicago (Midway), and Orlando on Aug. 11, 2013.
Also timed with the extension of the flight schedule, AirTran Airways will begin new service in four airports in November. Customers traveling in Oklahoma City, Hartford/Springfield, Conn., Louisville, Ky., and Norfolk, Va., may purchase the new service on AirTran through southwest.com.
Beginning Sunday, Nov. 3, AirTran Airways will fly nonstop between:
- Oklahoma City and Atlanta and Chicago (Midway)
- Hartford/Springfield and Atlanta
- Louisville and Atlanta
- Norfolk/Virginia Beach and Atlanta
Southwest Airlines and wholly-owned subsidiary AirTran Airways, in addition to providing new destinations, added nonstop routes to and from airports they currently serve.
Additional New Service on Southwest Airlines Beginning Nov. 3:
- One daily nonstop flight between Atlanta and New York (LaGuardia)
- One daily nonstop flight between Atlanta and West Palm Beach
- One daily nonstop flight between Atlanta and St. Louis
- One daily nonstop flight between Austin and New Orleans
Shifting from AirTran to Southwest Beginning Nov. 3:
- One daily nonstop flight between Atlanta and San Juan, Puerto Rico
- One daily nonstop flight between Dayton and Orlando
- Two daily nonstop flights between Ft. Lauderdale and Philadelphia
- One daily nonstop flight between Ft. Lauderdale and Pittsburgh
- Two daily nonstop flights between Milwaukee and Ft. Myers
- One daily nonstop flight between Pittsburgh and Ft. Myers
Additional New Service on AirTran Airways Beginning Nov. 3:
- One daily nonstop flight between Baltimore/Washington and Kansas City
- One daily nonstop flight between Columbus and Tampa Bay
- Two daily nonstop flights between Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood and Jacksonville
Seasonal nonstop service will also begin on Nov. 3 for both Southwest Airlines and AirTran Airways, providing Customers a way to travel to popular Florida destinations.
Seasonal Nonstop Service Beginning Nov. 3 between:
- Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood and Albany, Columbus, Indianapolis, Kansas City, and Raleigh-Durham
- Ft. Myers and Hartford/Springfield, Boston Logan, Akron-Canton, and Philadelphia
- Orlando and Detroit
- Tampa Bay and Norfolk/Virginia Beach
- West Palm Beach and Philadelphia
New Flights on Sale for as low as $79 one-way!
These low fares are available for purchase on southwest.com today through Monday, May 13, 2013, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
Examples of Southwest Airlines' low fares include (see Fare Rules below):
- $79 one-way nonstop between Memphis and Chicago (Midway)
- $79 one-way nonstop between Atlanta and St. Louis
- $88 one-way nonstop between New York (LaGuardia) and Atlanta
- $89 one-way nonstop between Richmond and Orlando
- $109 one-way nonstop between Milwaukee and Ft. Myers
- $142 one-way nonstop between Atlanta and San Juan
Fares are available for travel on all days of the week beginning Nov. 3 through Dec. 13, 2013, with a 10-day advance purchase required (see fare rules). To see the list of available cities, prices, and to take advantage of these special fares, visit www.southwest.com.
ABOUT SOUTHWEST AIRLINES CO.
In its 42nd year of service, Dallas-based Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV) continues to differentiate itself from other carriers with exemplary Customer Service delivered by nearly 46,000 Employees to more than 100 million Customers annually. Southwest is the nation's largest carrier in terms of originating domestic passengers boarded, and including wholly-owned subsidiary, AirTran Airways, operates the largest fleet of Boeing aircraft in the world to serve 97 destinations in 41 states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and six near-international countries. Southwest is one of the most honored airlines in the world, known for its triple bottom line approach that takes into account the carrier's performance and productivity, the importance its People and the communities it serves, and its commitment to efficiency and the Planet. The 2012 Southwest Airlines One Report™ can be found at southwest.com/citizenship.
From its first flights on June 18, 1971, Southwest Airlines launched an era of unprecedented affordability in air travel quantified by the U.S. Department of Transportation as "The Southwest Effect," a lowering of fares and increase in passenger traffic wherever the carrier serves. On every flight, Southwest offers Customers the first two pieces of checked luggage (weight and size limitations apply) and all ticket changes without additional fees. Southwest's all Boeing fleet consistently offers leather seating and the comfort of full-size cabins, many of which are equipped with satellite-based WiFi connectivity and a new, sustainable cabin interior. With 40 consecutive years of profitability, the People of Southwest operate nearly 3,400 flights a day and serve communities around 84 airports in Southwest's network of domestic destinations. Southwest Airlines' frequent flights and low fares are available only at southwest.com.
AirTran Airways, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Southwest Airlines Co., offers coast-to-coast and near-international service with close to 600 flights a day to 49 destinations. The carrier's high-quality product includes assigned seating and Business Class. As Southwest continues to integrate AirTran's People, places, and planes into Southwest Airlines, Customers of both carriers may book flights at airtran.com and exchange earned loyalty points between both AirTran's A+ Rewards® and Southwest's Rapid Rewards® for reward travel on either airline.
SOUTHWEST AIRLINES FARE RULES
Fares are available only on southwest.com or swabiz.comand can be purchased today through May 13, 2013, 11:59 pm for the respective time zone of the originating city. between Nov. 3 through Dec. 13, 2013. Blackout dates apply for travel on Nov. 26 through Dec. 3, 2013. Some flights operated by AirTran Airways. Available on published, scheduled service only. AirTran will operate the routes between Baltimore/Washington, Orlando, Chicago (Midway) and Memphis from Aug. 11 through Nov. 2, 2013. Southwest service to Memphis, Richmond, and Pensacola begins on Nov. 3, 2013. Travel between Milwaukee and Ft. Myers valid every day except Fridays & Sundays. Displayed prices include all government taxes and fees. Seats are limited. Fares may vary by destinations, flight, and day of week and won't be available on some flights that operate during very busy travel times and holiday periods. Fares are available for one-way travel. Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines combinable fares, except Senior Fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare rules apply. Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied, if unused, toward the purchase of future travel on Southwest Airlines. Fares are not available through Group Desk. Any change in itinerary may result in an increase in fare. Standby travel requires an upgrade to the Anytime fare. Fares are subject to change until ticketed.
SOURCE Southwest Airlines